Things I do every night before bed:
- Drink magnesium powder from Pure Essence to help my muscles relax while I’m sleeping
- Put on my blue blocker glasses from Swanwick
- Turn on my Himalayan salt lamp
- Journal (lately I’ve been using the Magic of I planner)
- Read (often while holding crystals like rose quartz)
- Cuddle with Evie
Each of these elements of my routine helps me wind down and prepare for restful sleep. Here’s why:
- Magnesium promote restful sleep, reduces muscular tension and aids in workout recovery (I often exercise in the evening so this is super helpful). I’ve tried a lot of magnesium over the years and Pure Essence’s Ionic Fizz is my current favorite, especially because it tastes amazing (use coupon code “ecovegan” for a discount!)
- Blue light blocking glasses help reduce eye strain and regulate sleep hormone melatonin. I start to feel sleepy within an hour of putting them on. I really enjoy the style and comfort of Swanwick
- Himalayan salt lamps are said to have a lot of benefits. Lately, mine has been sweating from the summer humidity – so fascinating! I find the shade of light it emits very soothing
- Journaling helps me reflect on the day I’m finishing and the day ahead. I received the Magic of I astrological planner from Goddess Provisions and I really enjoy filling it out while learning more about astrology
- I read almost every night before bed, mostly on my iPad. I use OverDrive to borrow digital books and read them for free through the Kindle app.
- I keep crystals all over my home because I love the way they look and feel. One of my favorites lives on my bedside table and it often ends up in my hands as I’m unwinding.
disclosure: affiliate links are used in this post, which means that I may receive a commission if you buy based on my recommendation. This is at no additional cost to you and I only refer products that I personally use and trust.