I’m finally sharing my favorite coffee recipe with you! I make this drink every morning and find that it helps with energy, focus, and boosting immunity. Not to mention it tastes delicious! It’s very creamy, perfectly sweet and filling.
The MCT oil I use is sourced from 100% coconut oil, is tasteless and has been shown to improve cognitive performance, increase energy, help turn off cravings and increase fat burning. I’ve tried a few brands of MCT and Bulletproof is my current favorite due to the quality.
The mushroom powder I use is filled with a 6 different mushrooms which help with focus and clarity, immune defense and fatigue resistance. Lately I’ve been using a blend by FreshCap Mushrooms.
As for a low carb, plant-based milk I recommend finding one that is unsweetened and rich so it compliments the coffee. I’m a big fan of pea protein or flax seed based milks, because they froth well and are generally low carb. My current milk of choice is Ripple‘s Unsweetened Original.
As for coffee, I find that cold brew and espresso work best for a latte base. Drip coffee doesn’t taste rich enough for me, but that’s really personal preference. I suggest finding an organic, fair trade brand that you love. I love Chameleon’s cold brew pods and concentrates. I’m also a big fan of Bulletproof because their coffee is optimized for performance and health.
I hope you’ll make this recipe to see why I love it so much!
- Desired amount of coffee (I use 4-6 oz; see notes above for brand recommendations)
- 6-8oz of unsweetened plant-milk or desired amount (see notes above for keto recommendations)
- 1 tbsp MCT oil
- 1/2 tsp mushroom powder (see notes)
- Stevia or monk fruit to taste
- Ice, optional
- Brew coffee
- Mix MCT oil, mushroom powder and stevia into the coffee. This is my favorite tool to mix them.
- Add the milk
- For hot coffee, froth the milk and add to the coffee. I use this frother.
- For iced, add ice to the cup, milk, then coffee.
Want to learn more about the products I use?
Check out my Amazon store to see all of my favorites!
disclosure: affiliate links are used in this post, which means that I may receive a commission if you buy based on my recommendation. This is at no additional cost to you and I only refer products that I personally use and trust.